Friday, October 3, 2014

An Affair to Remember (1957)

I have been meaning to watch this movie for so long. After hearing it referenced in both Sleepless in Seattle and Gossip Girl, I knew it was time I finally sat down and watched a movie about an affair that I would most definitely remember. 

Nickie Ferrante and Terry McKay both have lives that seem to be set. Both with significant others and two very separate lives, Nickie and Terry couldn't be more different. But the two can't help but fall in love as they continuously run into each other on the cruise they've individually taken. They agree to meet six months later at the top of the Empire State building, but will they?

Gosh, this movie was so good. The beginning was so fun and light hearted and I absolutely loved Nickie and Terry falling in love. The settings were gorgeous and their outfits divine. Their bantering was adorable and I loved how they were continuously running into each other on the cruise to the point where they just gave in and decided to be friends. That's what was so great about this romance too- they were actually friends before anything else happened. They flirted, teased, and really got to know each other before they suddenly realized how deeply they had fallen for each other. How romantic is that? 

Of course, there comes a time when the light-hearted banter falls away to real life and real issues that test every relationship. I don't want to give anything away, but this movie definitely tugs on the heart strings and will have you yelling at your television. I was so emotionally invested in their relationship and could not take my eyes off the screen. I think I've found a new favorite movie and I definitely recommend An Affair to Remember to anyone who loves old movies and romances that last a lifetime. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...