Monday, September 1, 2014

On My Hook: Summer Garden Afghan

After finally finishing my second chevron afghan, I have been itching to start another huge project. I love always having something fun to work on, especially when the end result is bound to be beautiful. The anticipation just makes me work faster and longer until I final have my finished project. Since I now have completed three afghans during my knitting career, my sister decided it was time for her to have her own, made by me of course. I told her as long as she bought the yarn, I'd be happy to provide my services. Little did I know she'd pick out a completely adorable color scheme that I fell in love with as soon as I made the first square. 

My sister decided she wanted a Summer Garden Granny Square Afghan, which is the same exact pattern I used to make my very first crocheted afghan. We went to JoAnn's together to pick out the colors and I brought the project to school with me. Over the long Labor Day weekend, I've been working away on my squares through countless episodes of Gossip Girl. I'm making some good progress considering it took an entire year to finish my last afghan. I'm hoping to finish this project before Thanksgiving- just in time for the cold weather! If I don't steal the blanket for myself, that is…

Is anyone else working on a fun project? I love to see what other people are working on so that I have inspiration for what to make next. Going to my knitting club always gives me so many ideas that I know I'll never have enough time to complete. But a girl can dream! As soon as I finish this afghan, that is.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...