Sunday, August 3, 2014

I'm Feeling Twenty…One!


On August 1st, my sister and I officially turned 21! I was on vacation in Myrtle Beach with my family, which meant I was able to spend the day with the people I love in a place I love. To start off the day, my sister and I woke up for a 5 mile run and came back to two dozen donuts that our dad had run out and picked up for our birthday breakfast. Our birthday was already off to a great start! After breakfast, our brother and his fiancé gave us presents, which ended up being a Lily Pulitzer planner and wine glasses, which I absolutely love. I can't wait to use them when school starts up!

Since it was our last day at the beach and it was forecasted to be cloudy and rainy all day, we decided to head to the outlet mall and spend the morning shopping. We went to our favorite stores, including The Loft, Gap, the Disney Store, and Under Armor. After a good three hours of shopping, we went to lunch at a place called King Street Grille where I had the most delicious cuban sandwich and fries. And if that weren't enough food, we went home and had some root beer floats. I haven't had root beer floats in forever, but for some reason I was craving them, so we got them to celebrate our birthday. And you know what? They were delicious.

Since it was our 21st birthday, we had to celebrate with our first legal drink! Our brother and his fiancé took us out to Broadway at the Beach, which is a sort of mall that has a bunch of bars and places to eat. We ended up going to three different bars where we tried out three different drinks. My favorite was definitely the blue raspberry daiquiri. It tasted just like a blue slushy. How could I not love it?

And that was my 21st birthday! I loved that we were able to spend our whole day celebrating with our entire family. But you know what the best part of turning 21 was? Finally having a horizontal license! Oh yeah, I'm finally an adult now :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...