Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Road Trip Must Haves

I have been looking forward to vacation pretty much since January. Now, it's finally almost here and I can't wait to leave on Friday! I know that today is only Wednesday, but I already have almost everything laid out and ready to pack up for my week at the beach. One thing I made sure to have absolutely perfectly packed right away, though, was my car bag. The ride to South Carolina is roughly 12 hours, so I definitely need to make sure I'm entertained for every minute. 

First and foremost, I needed a good book. I've had If I Stay by Gayle Forman on my shelf for forever and since the movie comes out next month and I absolutely have to see it, I decided vacation was the perfect time to crack into the book. So, book? Check. But one book is definitely not enough, so I had to find some other sources of entertainment. It's no secret that I'm a runner, so my next choice of reading was Runner's World magazine. I've actually never read the magazine before, but have always wanted to check it out. What better time to get to know the magazine than by spending 12 hours with it? Not to mention it's the half-marathon special, which I'm super excited about. With those two reads, I will definitely not get bored anytime soon. 

Some other random knickknacks include an abundance of colored pens, a notebook for random ideas and lists, some lotion, my new Forever 21 sunglasses, and hair essentials like headbands and ponytails. All of this goes in my beautiful The Fault In Our Stars bag that I won in a giveaway. Gosh, just writing about it all makes me beyond excited to hit the road. I've always been a fan of long car rides because I can get so much done. Why can't it be Friday already so I can have my 12 hours of reading and relaxation? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...