Friday, June 27, 2014

X-Men: Days of Future Past (2014)


As huge X-Men fans, my sister and I just had to see the new movie as soon as it came out. We were excited by the idea that the young characters from X-Men: First Class were going to be mixed in with the characters from the regular X-Men movies. Not to mention we were going to get some more James McAvoy in our lives…how could we resist?

With killer robots called Sentinals hunting down and destroying mutants and any human who helps mutants, the X-Men know that they have to find a way to save their race. The only solution, though, is sending Wolverine back to the 1970s to stop Mystique from creating a war between the humans and the mutants. The only way to stop her, though, is by bringing together the young Professor X and Magneto, two men who are in much darker places in their lives than they've ever been before. Can Logan save their future or are the mutants destined to forever be the enemy?




I had expected this movie to be awesome, but man, it was awesome. I absolutely loved how we got to see some of the characters from the original X-Men movies that I feel like I haven't seen in forever. What was more enticing, though, was how lost Professor X was in the past. He was nowhere near being the insightful, powerful man he is in the future. Instead, he was lost and had no faith in himself or his powers. Watching his struggle to come to terms with his paralysis and responsibility to the mutant race was so powerful and made me appreciate Professor X that much more.

And you know what? This movie had some pretty funny parts! I was definitely not ready for it, but there were moments that were quite clever and had me actually laughing out loud in the theater. I don't want to spoil it, but I loved how the serious was shaken up with some comedy so that the movie wasn't too heavy and was abel to have some variety.

Honestly, what more is there to say? This movie had all of the dynamic characters I fell in love with in the other X-Men movies, but they were all balanced out so that the film wasn't cluttered with too many powerhouse characters. Oh, and let's not forget that Peter Dinklage pops up in this movie as a pretty important character vying to rid the earth of mutants. It was so weird seeing him in the real world setting and not in the world of Game of Thrones!

Logan's journey to change the future definitely had me on the edge of me seat and I never knew how things were going to go in the past. Every X-Men fan needs to go out and see Days of Future Past. Though it may seem this franchise has been overdone with all of the movies that have come out, this one is by far my favorite! So go out and see it now! You're missing out on a fantastic movie that gives you all of the familiarity you love, but with a new, exciting story.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...