Friday, March 21, 2014

Pretty In Pink (1986)


I'm pretty sure I was born in the wrong decade. Seriously…the hair, the clothes, the music? Yeah, I am definitely an 80s teen at heart. I think that's why I'm absolutely obsessed with every single John Hughes movie. They capture teen angst so perfectly. I wasn't a big fan of Pretty In Pink when I first saw it a couple of years ago, but I absolutely loved it the second time around.

Andie has always found her place among the outcasts at school, wearing hand-made clothes and working at the record store. So when rich-boy Blane starts to show interest, Andie must choose between her best friend who's in love with her, and a guy who should be way out of her league, but has ended up stealing her heart.



How awesome are those clothes? I so wish I could raid Molly Ringwald's closet for every 80s movie she was in. I about died when I saw those floral pants she wore. Love them. And those glasses? I wish those were still in, because I would so rock them. Haha, why did 80s fashion ever go out of style??

I love how Andie made most of her clothes from thrift store finds. I would love to be that creative and have a style that was uniquely my own. Yeah, people made fun of her in the movie, but they were the rich annoying people who shouldn't even matter. Andie had an awesome fashion sense that I was completely jealous of. I wasn't a big fan of that pink dress at prom at the end, but her gorgeous floral pants definitely made up for that.


Can we just take a moment to discuss how awesome Duckie is? Please? He is so gosh darn sweet. That scene where he sang the song to Andie in the record store was too perfect. It's so sad how much of himself he gives for love, only to never have it returned. I'll love you, Duckie!

If you can't tell already, I love this movie. The quirky characters, insane clothes, and angsty storyline give everything you could ask for from a movie. Check it out on Netflix to see for yourself! Now I can't wait to experience some more John Hughes love with Sixteen Candles, The Breakfast Club, and Some Kind of Wonderful. Marathon, anyone?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...