Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Craft Corner: Colormatic Cowl

I am a huge fan of Michelle Hunter from Knit Purl Hunter! and love participating in her monthly knit-alongs. I actually got to meet Michelle in January when she had a book signing at the yarn shop she teaches at, which is only about 20 minutes from my house. Anyways, she has a blog where she hosts knit-alongs that last a month, with a step to the pattern revealed each week over the course of four weeks. The last one I did was the Colormatic Cowl from October (which I didn't finish until November) and it has by far been my favorite project yet!

I'm not all that great at color knitting, so I was very excited to practice that skill with this scarf. Knitting in the round in order to form a tube, I used four skeins of yarn to knit the four different sections that make up this cowl. While it was very time consuming and I thought it would never end, I absolutely love how it turned out! All I had to do was pull up some Disney movies from Netflix, and I was good to go!



The directions are pretty long, so I won't post them on here. But, you can head over to Ravelry and download the directions or go to Knit Purl Hunter to check out the pattern and make a scarf for yourself! I made mine at a medium length, but the directions include a short version and a long version.

The best part about knitting in a tube is that it's basically double the thickness, so it is super warm to wear during the winter. I absolutely love the colors I chose, but I'm sure there are other combinations that would be so much fun! I can see making this in pastel colors for spring or fun, vibrant colors to brighten up a dreary winter day. Oh, the possibilities!

Once I have the time and no projects to work on (as if…), I would love to make this again! I definitely got the hang of color knitting and the pattern is just impossible not to love. I can't wait to try out more color knitting and see what other fun patterns I can create!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...