Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Kitchen Krazy: Cauliflower Crust Pizza

I went home this past weekend, and going home always means being able to cook with my parents and sister. I had found this recipe for cauliflower pizza a couple of weeks ago and immediately sent my sister the link, telling her we just had to make it the next time we were home. So, after four weeks of being away at school, I was finally able to head home for the weekend. That Friday night, my sister and I whipped up some cauliflower pizzas and treated our parents to dinner!











Cauliflower Crust Pizzas

Cauliflower Crust
Makes 4 individual pizzas
2 eggs
2 cups mozzarella cheese
2 cups riced cauliflower (grate the raw cauliflower on a cheese grater or in a food processor)
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/4 cup fresh julienned basil

Toppings
Your choice (I used pizza sauce, colby jack shredded cheese, and sausage)

Directions: 
Preheat oven to 450 degrees. 
Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper, spray with non-stick spray. 
In a medium bowl, combine riced cauliflower, basil, eggs, and mozzarella. Divide into 4 amounts and press evenly on the parchment paper. 
Bake the crusts at 450 degrees for 12-15 minutes (I went 15 minutes). 
Remove the cookie sheet from the oven. 
Add marinara sauce to each pizza. 
Then add the toppings. 
Place back in oven until cheese is melted, about another 5-10 minutes. 


Making these was so fun and so easy! We own a ricer and the directions on the recipe said to rice the cauliflower, but that wasn't going to happen. Trying to rice raw cauliflower? We were going to break the ricer before that was ever going to happen! So we ended up using our chopper to chop up the two cups of cauliflower into tiny pieces. We mixed all of the ingredients together and threw it in the oven for 15 minutes. Then, we added the toppings and put it in the oven for another 5 minutes. And voila! You have four absolutely delicious, healthy(er) pizzas!





My mom and sister went with some mushrooms to top of their pizzas (ewwwww) while my dad and I went with some cheese and sausage. The crust was so good. Both my dad and sister were skeptical about the whole raw cauliflower thing, instead of cooking the cauliflower beforehand, but it turned out perfectly. The dough tasted like a pizza dough with the same texture of a thin pizza crust. It was fantastic! We already can't wait to try it out again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...