Saturday, June 1, 2013

To Do List: #69


#69: Buy yarn from a yarn shop in England


Ever since I've been in England, I've been dying to find a yarn shop to go to. After looking over review after review of yarn shops online, I finally settled on a lovely little shop called Prick Your Finger in Bethnal Green. It was so adorable and I could not wait to see what the little shop had in store for me. 

The woman working there was teaching another woman how to crochet in the front, so I was free to roam the two room shop and look at all of the fantastic colored yarns that lined the wall. Some were a bit more expensive than I wanted to spend (ranging from 5-10 pounds, which is about 7.50-15 dollars per skein) but I found a sale bin! And I settled on some green hand-dyed wool yarn that I thought was really pretty. The owner wrapped it up and even tied some string in a bow around the package. Since I didn't bring any needles with me (I know, I know, but I could only bring so much!), I think I'll leave my yarn all wrapped up so it can be like opening up a present when I get home :)

I'm so happy I found this shop! It makes me even more eager to go out and find some other shops and see what they have to offer. There's just something about being inside of a yarn shop with their walls filled with yarn that makes me all warm and happy on the inside. I'll be on the look out for more shops and definitely report back with my findings. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...