Monday, June 3, 2013

Hello, From Dover!


Yesterday, a group of us took a trip to Dover and it was an absolutely beautiful place! I had only heard of the cliffs of Dover, but I had no idea they would be as beautiful as they were in person. It was quite a hike to get to them, but the sites were so worth the effort. 

Once we got pretty far up the cliffs, there was a spot where you could actually go down the side of the cliffs and down a ladder onto a little rock beach. Now that was quite a workout, but we spent a good half an hour on that rock beach, just chilling in the sun before we had to make the long climb back up. I'm so happy it was a beautiful day because that made the environment that much more amazing. I even got a little burnt on my neck and nose, which is saying  a lot when you're in England at this time of the year. 

I even got to see the Dover Castle! We didn't actually go in because it was a bit too expensive, but the view from the outside was just breathtaking. King Henry II actually lived there! Oh! And there was this strip of land across the water from the cliffs and I could not figure out what it was. And you know what? It was France! I had no idea we were that close to the border, or that I actually saw France! It was such a cool thought that I was that close to another country that I've only dreamed of going to. 

I'm so happy we chose Dover as a day trip destination because it was definitely an amazing place. Who would have thought cliffs could turn out to be so beautiful? Hopefully I can find even more magical places on my adventures in England!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...