Friday, May 31, 2013

Wardrobe Wishlist: Drizzly Days


Ever since I've been in England, it's been drizzly/rainy about 70% of the time. Needless to say, I've been wishing I had a wardrobe that was both functional and cute in the rain, rather than just one or the other. I've been wearing the same black rain jacket every single day and I just wish I had a cute trench coat to fight off the rain because then I'd feel so much better about getting wet. Who cares about a little rain if I'm looking so cute? So that's why I was inspired to find an outfit that I loved that could survive the London weather. 

Everyone here is dressed so cute when they're on their way to work, in tights, dresses, and flats. I wish I had thought to bring my tights, but seeing as it was in the 80s when I left Ohio, I thought it would be summer weather here too. Boy was I wrong! But I've heard this is the coldest May they've had in awhile, so I don't feel too bad about my false assumptions. At least I remembered to bring my cute blue and pink polka dot umbrella! That handy little thing always makes me smile :)

It's supposed to be super sunny today, so I'm crossing my fingers that I can finally pull out a pair of shorts and leave the rain coat at home! Hopefully I can visit some markets and maybe go back to the Borough Market, which is pretty much my favorite place on earth. A sunny afternoon filled with tasting cheese and bread? Yes please!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...