Thursday, May 9, 2013

Craft Corner: Katherine Hat


I was really itching to make a hat, but since hats look absolutely awful on me, I wanted to make one to donate to the hospital through my knitting club. I found this really pretty pattern for the Katherine Hat and knew that was what I was going to make next. I love how cabled patterns look on anything, so I was really excited to see how this hat turned out. 

Overall, I'm very pleased with how this one looks. It took a bit longer than I thought, but all I did was watch a bunch of movies and it was done in no time. I especially love the shot from the top of the hat because the cables look so pretty! And, of course, the pink makes it look super adorable. I'd say this one was a success and I really hope whoever gets it likes it as well. 

What to make next? I've already made some socks, which was another project I was dying to make. Hmmm maybe I'll make another baby hat. I always love holding the little knitted hat in my hand and thinking about how that's going to fit on a little person. Well, that's decided! Now I'm off to find a cute baby hat pattern to start on next :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...