Thursday, April 4, 2013

Kitchen Krazy: Whole Wheat Chocolate Chip Cookies

Chocolate chip cookies are definitely a weakness of mine, so when I saw a whole wheat version of them on Betty Crocker's Website, I was really intrigued. Could there possibly be a healthy, yummy version of my favorite dessert? Why yes there can be!

I followed the recipe I had found and was really excited to see that it only used one stick of butter and whole wheat flower. While normal chocolate chip cookies and cookie dough (which I end up eating about half of before I even bake the cookies because it's so gosh darn delicious) use at least two sticks of butter in every recipe, these were lighter on the butter, which was already a good sign. 

When I pulled these out of the oven, they looked so pretty! I can't get my normal chocolate chip cookies to look this gorgeous, so right off the bat these wheat cookies were winners. Then, when I took a bite, they were delicious! You can definitely tell they were made with whole wheat flower, but they were still amazing. Not to mention they still made a ton of cookies. 

Mmmmm I [very reluctantly] shared these with the rest of my family and they loved them as well! There were only four left for me to take back to school by the end of the weekend, so they were a big hit with the family. I'm definitely making these again sometime soon! I have my beloved chocolate chip cookies without the guilt of eating so many calories :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...