Thursday, April 18, 2013

Journal Embroidery: Drink Tea, Read Books, Be Happy


After my very first page of journal embroidery, I kind of made the rookie mistake of poking my holes with two pages stuck together...and I hadn't realized that until I had already done the entire outline of the tea cup. Good thing I love the cup! Haha, so I decided to not waste the page and do the tea cup in different colors and add a new quote. I think it turned out quite lovely! 

This quote pretty much describes my life, so I think that's why I love it so much. Give me a cup of tea and a good big and I'll be set for the rest of the day. I'm still having a bit of trouble with embroidering cursive letters, but I'm working on it! I think the problem is I don't make the letters big enough, so the stitches are too close and the floss gets too crowded. I will definitely have to keep that in mind for next time. 

I love filling my journal with things that represent me. Books and tea really are all I need to be happy :) And maybe some chocolate thrown in as well....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...