Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Craft Corner: Chunky Striped Cowl


I am so excited to share my latest knitting project with you all! My friend from knitting club was making this a couple of weeks ago and I loved how the pattern looked. So, of course, I went straight to Ravelry and was super excited to find the free pattern. Not to mention the title contained the word "easy," so I knew I could whip this one up no problem. 

I had some Beige Homespun Lion Brand Yarn sitting around in my yarn basket for about a month and I had absolutely no idea what to use it for. I loved the color and how soft the yarn was, so I was really hesitant to start a new project because I wanted to make sure it was perfect. Luckily, I found this pattern because it turned out to be the perfect pattern for this lovely yarn. 

In the end, I'm really happy with this cowl. All I had to do was alternate knitting 4 rows and purling 4 rows, so it was really easy to do while watching some more episodes of Friday Night Lights. I ended up finishing this one in only one day and I can't wait to wear it! I don't care if it's going to be in the 70s this week. My new cowl will make a new appearance so that I can show it off to everyone I know :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...