Monday, April 1, 2013

Chocolate Kitties and Starburst Jelly Beans

Holidays are my favorite times of the, but for some reason I was even more excited for Easter to come. There's just something about having the whole family together and celebrating with a ton of candy that makes me so happy. Not to mention I got to see my sister again for the first time in four weeks. I was so happy to finally be home and I absolutely couldn't wait to see what goodies the Easter Bunny was going to bring me this year. Needless to say, I had a fantastic weekend with the family and I couldn't have asked for a better Easter...

-My sister had decorated the house right before I came home on Thursday because it was her spring break, so the house was nice and festive when I walked through the door. That means pastel colored easter eggs, stuffed bunnies/ducks, and anything else Easter related was everywhere!
-Rosie was so adorable and SO SOFT. Seriously, I didn't remember her being so soft, but she was and I couldn't keep my hands off of her for the entire weekend. 
-On Friday, me and my sister were quite the bakers and made chocolate chip banana bread, healthy wheat chocolate chip cookies, and a healthified strawberry pie as our Easter dessert. We had so much fun baking and licking all of the bowls :)
-SO MUCH CANDY. Seriously, I was in chocolate heaven when Easter morning finally arrived. I even got a chocolate kitty along with a chocolate bunny. How adorable is that? I'm going to feel bad eating it, but at least it'll look cute as I'm enjoying some delicious chocolate. 
-Don't even get me started on the jelly beans. I poured them into a mug last night to keep in my room and I can't stop munching on them every time I pass by (which is a lot considering my dorm room really isn't all that big). Why are they so addicting??

And that was my long Easter weekend. Oh, and I finally got to drink Diet Coke! I've been craving it pretty much from the first week that I had given it up for Lent, so it felt like little drops of heaven when I finally drank some after early mass on Sunday. It's so nice to have it back into my life. And the Game of Thrones season premiere last night was AWESOME. There was just so many amazing things all packed together yesterday that I couldn't have asked for a more perfect holiday with my family. I'm so sad it's over, but the happiness has definitely carried over into today! I'm in such a good mood and I hope that lasts as I go back to class and reality. 

I hope you all have a fantastic Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...