Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Knitting gifts and yummy lip balm

It's the last week of school and things have been absolutely crazy for me these past couple of weeks. There are so many papers to write and projects to finish up that I just wish I had time to breath! A lot of it's coming to a close, though, so I've been having the chance to have some me time and not get too stressed by everything that needs done. Here's how I've been keeping myself from going completely crazy :)

1) Knitting Christmas gifts Oh my goodness, Christmas as a knitter is definitely a crazy time to experience! There are so many things that I want to make for people that I have no idea how I'm going to get it all done. I'm so excited, though, to finish the gifts and see what everyone thinks of their gift once I give it to them! And I've been finding new, fun patterns to use, so the time I spend on each project is definitely worth the result. 

2) Finding new lip balm There's a market on campus that sells this delicious ice cream chapstick. First, I bought the Banana Split flavor and I was so obsessed with it! Over the weekend, I had the chance to go back to that market and I picked up a tube of Mint Chocolate Chip (my absolute favorite ice cream flavor) and mmmmm it's so delicious! The Crazy Rumors lip balm is definitely something every lip balm lover should check out!

3) Watching movies I have soooo many movies out from the library (12 at the moment) and I'm so excited each time I get to watch one. They're all ones that I really want to see, especially the Audrey Hepburn ones, and watching a movie is a nice break from studying/doing homework. Oh, and it gives me time to work on my knitting projects! Basically, watching movies is a must in my life :)

4) Reading amazing books I am absolutely in love with the Shadow Falls series by CC Hunter, so when the newest one in the series showed up from the publisher, I was absolutely over the moon. I've been reading it nonstop the past two days and actually just finished it earlier today. I love the feeling of reading a book that I just don't want to put down, and this one definitely gave me that feeling. 

And that's how I've been surviving the end of my semester! I'm so happy I've found ways to de-stress and keep myself in check when things are getting crazy. But only a week and a half until I'm home free! I'll be able to go home for winter break and spend four weeks without having to worry about any homework or classes. I'll be working, but that's better than stressing out about grades! I hope you guys are having a fantastic start to December and the holiday season! After all, it's the most wonderful time of the year :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...