Monday, October 15, 2012

My life in a nutshell


So I went on a 6.5 mile run today, and while I was running, I had quite a lot of time to think. And you know what I thought about? Life. My life and what I do with my time. I love running, so I was thinking about how I always have to put 40-60 minutes a day aside for a run. And then I got to thinking, is it really that hard to put that time aside? Honestly, not really. Unless I have school, my life is actually really simple. I broke down what I actually do into four different "hobbies" and that's really what makes up my life. 


1. I blog. Everyday. Whether it's this blog or my book blog, I am in love with sharing my life with anyone who will listen. I'm always thinking about what else I can post or what book or craft I get to share with my followers next week. I get to talk about crafts, food, and books? How did I get so lucky? 

2. I am a student. And that literally defines my life. With 18 credit hours, I have classes and then hours upon hours of homework. I love school, don't get me wrong. I know I chose the right field (English Education major with an English Literature minor) because I love what I'm learning in all of my classes, it's just a ton of work. I guess that's just the life of a college student!

3. Books and movies are literally my obsession. I always have a book with me no matter where I am, in my purse or in my backpack, and I love watching movies. I make sure I read every day and I really don't know what I'd do with my time if I didn't read or watch movies. What do people do with their lives without books?? 

4. I knit and crochet! I can't believe I've only been knitting for almost a year because I feel like I've been doing it my whole life. I love finding new patterns, yarns, and projects to do because I get this giddy feeling that doesn't go away until I'm finished. There are so many possibilities with this craft and I couldn't imagine my life without being able to pick up a pair of needles and creating something completely crazy. 

And that's my life in a nutshell! Well, all of that plus running. This got me thinking, all of the things I do are things a lot of people really hate. Reading? Running? Knitting? School? But I absolutely love them! If people aren't doing what I love, then what do they actually do with their time??? Haha, I obviously have way too much time to think on my runs. I'll stop rambling and go work on my (one of my many) latest knitting project....


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...