Saturday, May 5, 2012

To do list: #2


#2: Run a Half-Marathon

That's right. I ran a half marathon. And I'm still alive. 


Me, my mom, and my sister got up at 5:30 this morning, hopped in the car, and drove down to Columbus for the half-marathon that started at 8! It was a very early morning...
 
I was so excited, yet so nervous to run this race! It was my very first half-marathon, so I had no idea how it was going to go. And you know what my time was?? 
2:01:52

That's right! I finished the race in just over 2 hours! Ahhh I was so happy I did so well for my first time. I have been training since January and I guess it paid off!!! My sister and mom ran behind me and they ended up finishing in 2:53:00, which is still awesome. 

It was so cool to be with so many other runners and be pumped about willingly running for over two hours. Yeah, it got annoying when people stopped right in front of me or I had to squeeze through people because they were going so slow, but it was so inspiring with people cheering you on from the sidelines. I couldn't have finished at my time without them!



The funny thing is that even though I'm pumped about it now, I was anything but happy while running it. I kept on thinking, "what did I get myself into?!?!" and "I am NEVER doing this again" during the race, but I felt so good when I finished. I ran 13.1 miles! I'm not sure, but I might even do it again next year! Yeah, it sucks actually running it and I felt like stopping every single step of the way (well, every single step after 10 miles I did....) but being able to say I ran a half-marathon is amazing. I'm so happy I can check it off my list now! Maybe I'll add running a half-marathon in under 2 hours to my list next...


2 comments:

  1. Hello fellow Ohio gal.Congrats on your marathon run! :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. so exciting! congrats! following now from IFB :)
    http://ablessedandblissfullife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...