Thursday, May 17, 2012

To-Do List: #56


#56: Sew a Skirt

Today, I finished sewing my very first skirt! And I must say, I am IN LOVE with it! Here's a picture of the completed project :)


Isn't it adorable?? I love the polka dot pattern and it's my first red skirt that I own! It took a lot of work because I kept on messing up and having to resew parts, but it was totally worth it in the end! I just followed the directions from My Growing Home and they were pretty easy to follow! You know what my favorite part of the skirt is, though? The pockets! 


I chose a blue floral pattern with some red flowers as the pockets and I can't stoop looking at it! I think it looks perfect with the red, so I'm so happy with how it turned out! This entire skirt was about $7 to make, which is awesome. I'm definitely making more skirts in the future! 


Once I make some more (I bought enough fabric to make two more) I will definitely post them so you all can see! I love being able to make my own clothes :) Have any of you made your own clothes? I'd love to hear about it! 



1 comment:

  1. Wow, this skirt has turned out fab! did you ever take sewing lessons?? I wanna try this stuff too...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...