Saturday, May 19, 2012

To-Do List: #13


#13: Weigh 120 lbs


I seriously cannot believe it. Today, I stepped on the scale and you know what showed up? 119.9. I weigh 120 lbs. I can't even remember the last time I weighed 130 lbs, let alone 120. I'm pretty sure the last time was in middle school. I've always been insecure about my body, but I never realized that all it took was time and dedication to feel healthier and better about myself. 

My problem? I love food. Seriously, I don't even know how people could have an eating disorder. I NEED to eat. And when I'm not eating, I'm thinking about eating (okay, maybe I'm exaggerating a little, but I seriously can't live without it). So the first step I had to take was eating healthier. I started eating more yogurt, fruits, and veggies. 


But eating healthier only gets you so far. So you know what the true key to my success was? Running. And now I absolutely love it. 



I go running almost everyday, so not only have I lost weight but I'm actually in good shape! I'd like to think I wouldn't be the first to die if I were to be in The Hunger Games ;) And now, I've built confidence in how I feel about my body, which has really broadened what I wear now! Clothes that hadn't fit before fit now and I'm not afraid to wear certain clothes (dresses, skirts, shorts) that I felt exposed too much before. All in all, I just love myself more and I'm so proud of how I've actually stuck with running and becoming a better me :)






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...