Monday, May 7, 2012

Kitchen Krazy: Yogurt Fruit Dip

When I was at school, I would always buy the little apple and  yogurt packs from the market for a light snack. They were so delicious but now that I'm home, I can't have this snack anymore. So, I decided to make my own yogurt fruit dip! 

Ingredients: 

All you need to make this is two 8 oz  cups of vanilla yogurt (though I ended up only using two 6 oz cups because I didn't have the recipe actually with me at the store) and on 8 oz tub of cool  whip (I got light to make this a little more healthy). You'll also need a spatula and a tub to mix everything in. 

To Do: 
This was honestly the EASIEST recipe I've ever done. I got the directions from Cooks.com, though I did not add the strawberries and used vanilla yogurt instead of plain yogurt because I wanted to use this with apples. Anyways, here what I did: 

1) Use the spatula and put the Cool Whip into the container
2) Add each cup of yogurt into the container on top of the Cool Whip
3) Mix the contents until it is smooth and evenly distributed

That's it! I put it in the fridge for about an hour so that it could be nice and cool when I had it. And it was delicious! 


The entire container of dip is 620 calories, and it is going to last a looonnggggg time. I had an apple and used some of the dip and would be surprised if I ate even 50 calories worth of it. So this is definitely a really healthy, low-calorie snack! The dip is sweet and light and plain old delicious! I'm definitely going to make this again all summer long! I'm so glad I found it and I hope you guys try it out! It's super easy and super good! What more could you ask for in a snack? 



1 comment:

  1. yummm! I love those carb master yogurts! They came out with new flavors too...white chocolate rasberry is my fav!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...